Current location: Tampa, FL (pre-field deputation ministry)
John and Rachelle first felt the burden to work in overseas children’s ministry back in 2005. They began seeking different opportunities but God had a lot of growing and maturing for them before they were ready.
They were introduced to Hope of Honduras and the Coats in 2014 on a mission trip and knew that this was the exact ministry that God has been preparing them for all along. After much prayer and a family survey trip back to Honduras, they surrendered to the Lord’s will to be the house parents in the second cottage. John recently separated from his career in the Air Force and moved his family to Hope Children’s Home in Tampa, Florida. They are currently training at Hope, learning Spanish and raising support to get to the field as quickly as they can!
They are sent out by Calvary Baptist Church in Fort Walton Beach, Florida under the leadership of Pastor Mark Stevens.
GET TO KNOW THE GARDNER FAMILY
JOHN & RACHELLE’S ANNIVERSARY: July 15,2006
• Birthday: October 13, 1984
• Snacks He Likes: Wheat Thins, Chewy Chips Ahoy, Mike n Ike’s
• Interests: Baseball, Fishing, Mechanics, Texas Tech
• Birthday: March 13, 1986
• Snacks She Likes: Dry Roasted Peanuts, Soy Nuts, Reese’s, Swedish Fish
• Interests: Running, Photography, Cooking, Fruity Scentsy
• Birthday: September 25,2007
• Snacks She Likes: Chocolate Granola Bars, Fruit Snacks, Skittles, Lollipops, Goldfish
• Interests: Reading, Playing outside, Coloring/Drawing, Anything princess
• Birthday: October 27,2009
• Snacks She Likes: Goldfish, Cheez-its, Gum, Fun Dip
• Interests: Anything Frozen, Doc McStuffins, Reading, Playing Dress Up
• Birthday: December 15, 2012
• Snacks She Likes: Fruit Snacks, M&M’s, Juice, Crackers, Peanuts
• Interests: Reading Toddler Books, Frozen, Any outdoor activities, Mickey Mouse
• Birthday: June 24, 2015